Bite Problems Bristol
We consider this one of the most overlooked areas in dentistry, and one of the most important to ensure a healthy, long lasting, comfortable dentition.
This usually starts at the diagnostic stage of treatment, but we also carry out regular re-assessment with all examinations.
Symptoms of bite problems can present in many different ways:
- Tooth sensitivity
- Gum pocketing, bone loss and tooth mobility
- Abnormal wear on the biting surfaces and edges of the teeth, and on the necks of the teeth (sometimes incorrectly attributed to brushing too hard)
- Muscle pain which manifests as headaches, neck pain, frozen shoulder, arm tingling and numbness, backache etc…
- Pain and noises in the jaw joints ( TMJ’s)
- Reduced ability to open the mouth wide