Dental Implants Bristol
It’s a fact that more than 240 million people worldwide are missing at least one tooth. Traditionally, missing teeth could only be replaced by dentures or fixed bridges, but with amazing dental advances, there are now plenty of modern possibilities to restore your smile.
About dental implants in Bristol
Dental implants are small titanium screws anchored to the jawbone to essentially act as an artificial tooth root. During a process called osseointegration, the dental implant biologically fuses with the bone in the jaw, providing a solid foundation for a restoration (denture, crown or bridge) to be placed on.
High Street Dental Clinic provide Dental implants are a truly revolutionary dental treatment and they come with numerous advantages. These include:
- They are a fixed, permanent option that eliminates the need for dentures
- They can be used to stabilize loose dentures
- There’s no need to use adjacent teeth to support the restoration
Who is suitable for dental implants?
Dental implants are the ultimate solution to missing teeth. To be a good candidate for implants, you need to have:
- Enough bone in the jaw to support the implant
- Healthy Gums
- Good overall health
To benefit from dental implants you must also be committed to an excellent oral hygiene routine, which involves brushing your new teeth twice a day and taking care of the gums surrounding the implanted teeth.
Planning and restoration of dental implants
All implant work begins with a full assessment of your mouth and bite. Once a treatment plan has been created by us, we then involve one of our trusted surgeons who will place the implant(s).
It is very important that implants are placed in an ideal position for both appearance and function. We pre-plan with the surgeon and technician where the implant should be placed and which type of implant is to be used.
After the initial surgery, we will oversee the healing phase. Once the implant has fused to the bone, we then fit the crown, bridge or precision attachment to the implant.
With careful planning, dental implants have proved to be a very reliable restoration with a good long-term prognosis.
As an ImplantSure Participating Practice, we include a 5 year guarantee for our dental implant patients.
For your peace of mind:
- Protection from the start of treatment
- 5 years protection for your implant and prosthesis (implant supported crown, bridge or denture)
- Covers the cost of potential remedial work undertaken
- Includes accidental damage from outside (extraoral) or inside (intraoral) the mouth
- Dental emergency treatment costs in relation to the dental implant or prosthesis
Backed by insurance
Terms and Conditions apply
Book a consultation at High Street Dental Clinic
Do you long to restore your smile back to its former functionality and beauty? Call Bristol dentist today to book a consultation.